Monday, August 4, 2008

Route 66

We have been trying to visit Route 66 while we are here in Oklahoma and, again this week, I am working ( maybe) on planning a trip later this week. I seem to do much more planning and thinking, and little to no action. The photo above is not from the real Route 66. This photo is from one of my regular sites that I like to read, www.michaeltotten.com. This site gives the reader a good view of the middle east and Europe. The Route 66 signs in this shop window is located in Pejton, Prishtina, Kosovo. The story is titled "An Israeli in Kosovo." Kosovo is a Muslim-majority country so seeing Route 66 signs and Israeli business's seems strange, but I think it is a good thing. Michael's blog is always a good read, well written, great photography and entertaining, sadly, everything this blog is not. But, we will keep trying to improve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fuuny place to see that sign...America, America...
Ha.