Saturday, May 29, 2010

In a tree, with a Power Saw...

I am not sure that I am the best person to climb and cut trees with power equipment, but I went up anyway.
You can see the saw dangling from my belt in the lower right corner, as I try to figure out the best way up.
The tree was dead, but sturdy and I 'chuncked' (I think that is what John and Chris called it) it out a few feet at a time.
Here I am in action, my saw chewing through this portion of the tree. What you cannot tell from the photograph, or hear, is John yelling at my every move. As this was my first time in a tree, with a power saw, I did nothing that seemed right to John. I didn't know that you could hold a chainsaw upside down? My feet were not right, I needed to lean back more, the blade was to close to my face ( I was glad to have that pointed out to me, though) and I had to stop and start the saw about fifty times. Start, cut, stop, shut off the saw, and look. In the end, after feeling that I never did anything correct, John told me I did a good job for my first time. John is a great guy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: