Saturday, September 25, 2010

Norm is so crafty...


This is a former climbing rope. We have had this rope for quite some time now. I was sitting in the climbing office at Devil's Tower a few years back when Michael, one of our climbing rangers, asked if I wanted to go with him and find an abandoned rope that some visitor reported? "You bet!" So we scouted around the area for a while and found it. I'm not sure why anyone would leave a rope, as they are pretty pricey, but their loss turned into our rug. Michael told me never to use it for climbing, so I cut about a twenty foot length off to use for practice in tying knots ( which I need a lot of practice on). The rope hung in our shed till now. When we got back from our trip, Norm had enough of this rope hanging around and promptly turned it into a rug. She used a large amount of duct tape and some Elmer's glue. I think it turned out real well.

No comments: