Sunday, June 29, 2008

Flight 93....

They had bench's all facing the crash site with the passengers and crews names on.
This book was of great interest to me and I have read quite a few CVR's in my career, but none as moving as this one.
This fenced off area is due to erosion around the site. It is a temporary memorial and to learn more about the permanent memorial, check out www.nps.gov/flni. To donate to the fund go to www.honorflight93.org.
Norm and I both felt a special reverence here. They also have interpretive (interp's to all our friends from DETO) talks now. The talk fills in the story and has insights into some of the hero's involved. If you know the story of sheep and sheep dogs, than you know that this flight had all sheep dogs aboard.

1 comment:

Todd said...

Nice pictures. I will be leaving OKC on Thursday. Keep in touch!