Monday, January 19, 2009

Home Improvent pt. 2

We had to get a new TV before the DTV dead line. I know, we did not really have to get one, we just wanted one. A couple of reasons we went with a new TV, first the old one weighed a ton, and second we wanted to make another place for Norm to put stuff (hopefully not shoes). Again, this is another project that I would have liked to have been my idea, but of course it is not. I first read about this in Trailer Life magazine, small article with not much detail. There is a NuWA owners web site that I frequent to check on what other RVer's have go wrong with their Hitch-Hiker model. A fellow 29.5 owner published a very nice article complete with photo's and details on up grading to a flat screen television and gaining some much needed cubbie space. After cutting three doors from a sheet of plywood and only needing one, we finally start work on this one. We have the hinge installed and my Father-in-law is doing a final sanding before applying some stain. I look like I am over seeing the operation, but I am just holding the door. The project went fairly smooth compared to most of my adventures of this type and we got a sweet deal on the TV from our number one salesman at Dell.com, our son. After some pushing and shoving, some grumbling, and someone (Norm) saying it was crooked, things turned out very well. The presentation is a huge difference from our old heavy weight model.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha...thanks for the honorable mention!! It looks good and so does the couch operation too. Nice work Bob Villa... Good for you Pap was there...I wouldn't be able to do it either!

Todd said...

Nice job Dave. I just purchased a flat screen too. They sure are a lot lighter than the old televisions!