Saturday, January 31, 2009

Shooting



I came across some free PVC pipe and for about five dollars, I made this crude looking target stand to practice shooting. For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea for Norm to learn how to shoot a pistol. So, we load up our machines and head out to our local desert for Norm to take her first shots and to try out my new target stand. I only had to wait for Norm's second trigger squeeze of the day to see the flaw in my design. She blew the upper right elbow apart! For some reason, I had no duct tape, but I did have my Father-in-law with me and the two of us wired the frame back together, hooked our old tea pot back up and were ready to go"hot" in no time. Norm hit the pot a lot, and filled it with holes. At one point it had a face like image made from Norm. Now the tea pot has taken up a prominent spot in our desert junk yard display. Just have to wait for it to rust up now.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha... Look out! Mom looks dangerous! Nice design their Macgyver :)

Todd said...

Hi Dave,

I made a pvc target holder similar to yours, but what I did was make a rectangular base that sits on the ground and put a "T" connector in the middle of each of the longer sides of the rectangle. From this T connector I put an eighteen inch pvc pipe vertically. Into this pvc pipe I place wooden sticks. I then staple a piece of cardboard between the sticks and staple or tape the target to the cardboard. Once in awhile the sticks get shot up, but they are easily replaced. So far I have had no damage to the PVC pipe, but I don't let any girls shoot at my targets!

-Todd